Warehouse Receipt financing is a working capital facility for purchase of non-perishable commodities like coffee, cotton, paddy/rice, maize, cashew nuts, sunflower, sesame, cocoa and other crops which are stored in approved warehouse. The stored crop in the controlled and licensed warehouses by Tanzania Warehouse Receipt Licensing Board (TWLB) is the collateral for the loan which is assigned to the bank through warehouse receipts.
These are loans given to registered farmer groups, individual farmers, commodity traders and businessmen. The funding is based on commodity stocked in the bank’s controlled and authorized warehouse after submission of warehouse receipt. The bank holds the crops stored in the warehouse until buyers pay for the crops they purchased.
- Gives flexibility to farmers/ primary producers, Traders, to sell their produce when the market offers a good price
- Provides ample time and flexibility for primary producers to purchase raw materials
- Ensure good storage facilities are used to reduce post-harvest losses
- Provides access to credit for Small and Medium sized traders & producers
- Promotes quality of crops as farmers are rewarded based on the quality of the commodity
- Crops stored in warehouses can be used as collateral to access credit
- Facilitates price discoveries for farmers through participation in price setting and avoid being price takers.
- Registered farmer groups/ primary cooperative societies/ Agricultural Marketing Cooperative Societies (AMCOS)
- Large farmers
- Local and International Trading Companies
- Registered business legal entities i.e. Limited Liability companies, and other types
- Loan Application letter
- Realistic crop procurement plan and Cash flow projections
- Memorandum of Association/Articles of Association (for companies)
- Certificate of registration/ Certificate of incorporation (for companies)
- Financial statements for at least three years (for companies)
- Crop business license
- Board Resolution to borrow (for companies)
- Recent filed returns with Register of companies (for companies)
- Security of the loan (if pre-finance is required).
- Certificate of maximum liability from Registrar of Cooperatives (for cooperatives)
- Minutes of the AGM approving to apply for the loan for Cooperatives (for cooperatives)
- Minimum crop volume to qualify for WRS finance is 50MTs
Where to apply
If you are interested, please locate your nearest NMB branch by clicking HERE, email Agribusiness@nmbtz.com or call +255 222 161184