Cash In Transit(CIT) facilitates cash Collection from customer’s premises and deliver to NMB pre-designated branch for deposit into their account. NMB CIT also supports collection of cash from a pre-designated NMB branch to customer premises. The frequency of collection will be as agreed with customer. CIT will be given fast value with same day value available in many areas across the country given our wide branch network covering 95% of all districts. Together with this service, real time access to account information is guaranteed through NMB internet banking facility.
Benefits of Cash in Transit
Below are the benefits our customers can appreciate from our Cash in Transit service.
- The risk shifts to NMB and its agent once cash is collected, hence giving customer peace of mind whilst cash is on transit.
- Reduce risk from customer premises & staff. Cash is collected by armed guards with armored vehicles.
- Insurance- Collected cash is insured to a tune of TZS250 M per vehicle, with an additional TZS 50M Pavement Insurance
- Administrative costs- Customer’s staff can concentrate on core business activities
- Convenience in managing cash transactions
- Flexibility in delivery time- With our wide branch network we can assure our customer cash-collection in 95% of all districts across the country were we are located at an affordable price.
Eligibility for having the product
Cash in Transit can be offered to basically any customer who collects large amount of cash from their clients at their premises; this includes the likes of Oil & Gas companies, Fuel stations, Supermarkets, Judiciary system, immigration, police , etc.